Working with COPC Inc.
At COPC Inc., our greatest asset is our employees. We will review your resume, and if your background and experience are suitable for any of our current or upcoming openings, we will reach out to you.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that due to the large volume of resumes received, we cannot reply to all submissions.
Thank you for considering COPC Inc.
VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The primary responsibility of the VP of Business Development is new client development/sales from initial qualification of prospects through execution of contracts. Upon conclusion of the initial sale, the VP of Business Development is responsible for cross-sell and up-sell to existing clients. This person will lead ongoing maintenance of client relationships he/she has established and assist project managers in the maintenance of existing clients with whom they have relationships.
- Targeting and successfully acquiring new COPC clients in North America (NA). This includes:
- Identifying and assessing new client opportunities and developing strategies for penetrating COPC Inc. target verticals and companies
- Developing a clear understanding of client needs and business objectives and translating COPC Inc. services to meet these needs. This may include, at least initially, involving a COPC SME to help determine the best service mix that will meet client needs
- Understanding COPC Inc.’s competitive positioning within each opportunity and positioning COPC Inc. advantageously against competitors
- Developing and effectively presenting needs-based proposals to prospective clients
- Answering any post-proposal questions or follow-up actions that may arise
- Actively driving opportunities to close and obtaining client approval/signatures
- Developing the right senior level client relationships needed to up-sell and cross sell within the account
- Penetration of other business units/departments/divisions at client accounts
- Participation in key COPC Inc. team meetings
- Being on constant alert regarding competition and their inroads at assigned clients and be able to communicate intelligence gathered to management
- Supporting COPC Inc. NA consulting staff in maintaining, upselling/cross-selling existing client relationships (as required). Retaining and potentially extending current engagements when appropriate.
- Attending all key client readouts, certification baselines assessments, final assessments and, where practical, COPC NA public trainings to network with public attendees that may have been sold into the class by this person or others.
- Improving the sales process in North America and globally
- Defining roles and responsibilities
- Managing the lead assignment and disposition process
- Developing action plans to meet revenue and profitability targets set by senior leadership
- Developing sales proposal templates
- Developing sales presentation templates for each product and service
- Working with Marketing team to:
- Collaborate with marketing and the executive team regarding joint sales / marketing strategies and initiatives
- Attend COPC-sponsored conferences to represent COPC Inc. in our booth and social events
- Give input on email campaigns as it relates to sales efforts
- Follow-up on all marketing-generated leads with a formal means of communication that is documented within SalesForce
- Act as the point of contact for COPC on most marketing related NAM emails which will require both follow-up on inquiries as well as updates in SalesForce as warranted by responses
- Use tools provided by COPC to prospect leads that may be added to SalesForce for specific campaigns (e.g., such as targeted verticals mentioned above).
- Working with the COPC Inc. regions to:
- Leverage and maximize multi-region opportunities
- Share sales approaches and best practices
- Assisting in the development and deployment of new service offerings
- Contributing to performance reviews for Vice Presidents, Directors, and Senior Associates based on working with them with existing clients and selling new clients
*The VP of Business Development must be able to travel to prospective and current clients as appropriate. We would expect this travel to equal 10-50% of the time. While a majority of the travel will be in North America, travel may also include occasional international trips to EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven professional services sales results (new clients and upsell/cross-sell to current clients), preferably in the assisted and/or unassisted customer experience area
- Demonstrated capability to probe potential client needs and develop the most appropriate and effective solutions to address these needs
- MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree preferred
- Keen understanding of business operations and performance improvement concepts
- Ability to quickly discern, understand and articulate key success factors for a business to thrive; offer solutions to facilitate improvement for each client
- Excellent writing and speaking skills. Independently write executive level emails, memos, letters, scopes of work, and proposals. Experienced in independently developing and delivering executive level presentations
- Ability to effectively, articulately and convincingly address groups at senior levels within a client organization (e.g., Senior Vice President, CXX level)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be either US citizen or have all necessary approvals and documentation to work in the US permanently and to travel to international locations.
The following are the personal qualities of the professional we are seeking for this position:
- Independence: Must have the ability to work on his/her own without constant direction or supervision. He/she must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to continually strive to put forth-extra effort.
- Creativity: Must be able to generate imaginative, innovative solutions that meet the needs of our clients.
- Tenacity: Given the length of the sales cycle, this professional must have the tenacity, initiative, and drive to stay in touch with decision maker(s) until the desired objective (the sale) is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Versatility: Candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to manage complex technical sales and marketing initiatives involving multiple product groups and divisions (without much formal support).
- Empathy: Strong listening skills ensuring that we are responding to client business needs
- Collaboration: This professional must have the ability to coordinate activities across multiple staff to ensure client needs are met.
- Share COPC Inc.’s values