To apply, please send a resume, and the position you are interested in, to email@example.com. Your credentials will be reviewed and if your background and experience are applicable, we will be in touch. We regret that due to the large volume of resumes received, we cannot reply to all submissions.
Thank you for considering COPC Inc.
Job Title: Copywriter
Full-time in Austin, TX
COPC Inc. is a global customer experience (CX) consulting firm focused on optimizing operations. With projects in over 70 countries, we provide consulting, training courses and organization certification to help businesses improve their customers’ service journeys. Much of our business comes from auditing and consulting that helps improve contact centers in industries such as telecommunications, healthcare, finance, hospitality, and more. Founded in 1996, COPC Inc. created the COPC Customer Experience (CX) Standard that has served as the best practices in the industry for nearly 25 years and is consistently monitored and revised by the COPC Standards Committee. COPC works with major brands throughout the world to improve performance, increase customer satisfaction, reduce operational costs and build brand loyalty.
COPC Inc. is looking for a Marketing Copywriter who is extremely motivated, organized and excited to work with a variety of projects in a fast-paced global environment. This individual should thrive on creativity and be passionate about producing exceptional, unique, and engaging marketing and social media content. This team member will be responsible for compelling storytelling that engages the audience and communicates the brand voice from concept to execution. Deliverables will include copywriting for marketing materials such as brochures, emails, ads, landing pages, social media posts, press releases and more. SEO principles will be important to the role’s success, as will A/B testing, and the ability to write in different styles including direct-response for sales.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and must be located in Austin, TX, but much of the work will be performed remotely from his/her home office. Candidates should have at least 3 years copywriting experience, primarily in a business-to-business (B2B) role, with a proven ability to develop highly engaging marketing copy/content. This role requires a candidate that has strong communication skills, will work well in a team, has a keen attention to detail, a high regard for quality, and can manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment requiring flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Create content to communicate COPC Inc.’s stories and messages through a wide range of materials across all channels
- Write action-oriented, direct response (sales) copy in alignment with the established brand voice
- Manage multiple projects and priorities across regions to deliver on deadline
- Ability to write for multiple audiences including the global brand and individual countries/cultures
- Develop engaging, clever, and innovative concepts and copy for marketing campaigns and social media
- Develop messaging including long-form & short-form content, taglines, etc. for individual campaign tactics (emails, web, ads, collateral, social media, etc.)
- Ensure proper usage of brand, voice, and style, as well as grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation
- Balance writing for search engine optimization (SEO) and people
- Collaborate well with cross-functional team members to perform necessary writing, copyediting, and/or proofreading
- Execute high-performing email campaigns that sell both the open and the click
- A/B test subject lines, graphics, copy, headlines, hooks, leads, and more in order to optimize copy performance
- Plan social media content calendars that account for business objectives and develop posts that align to the calendar
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting and optimization of social media channels
- Grow engagement, reach, referral traffic, and conversions through proactive organic and paid social and digital campaigns
- Constantly research copywriting best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, PR, or related field
- Excellent and versatile communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong foundation in creative and professional writing, copyediting, and proofreading
- Must understand branding, marketing, and business strategies
- Broad understanding of writing for a business-to-business (B2B) audience
- A keen understanding of the benefits and best practices of different social platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Self-directed; thrives in a fast-paced environment; strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of optimal multi-channel approach: social, digital, media, and content metrics
- Familiarity with content/social media/SEO
- Ability to develop relationships and work with a wide array of partners in content development, production and measurement
- Willingness to learn, accept feedback and adapt work
- 3-7 years’ experience copywriting in a professional role
- 3-7 years of driving marketing and social media management for multiple brands/services
- Writing portfolio and/or related written samples will be required that demonstrate creative thinking and effective content
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- SEO experience preferred
- Blog, article, press release, news, or other writing experience is a plus
- Ability to adapt well to change and meet multiple deadlines